This meeting was hosted by Keith at Terra Firma and facilitated by Kara, Keith, Mike Nickerson and Andrew. Also see the wonderful infographic Kara created.
A) Topics brought up for discussion with key points brought back to the meeting.
B) Tasks and the people who said they would work on them.
*People Vision Finance Zoning
*Re skilling (What do we need to learn and learning it.)
– What skills can people bring now. What needs to be re-learned? How? Which skills deserve priority?
– What obligation do individuals and families have to share their skills with each other?
– What skills can be applied to a future vision of the eco-village?
– Identify ways people of different abilities can contribute.
*Variety of housing options
– rental options as well as owned houses.
– Accommodation in exchange for bartering
– See if some members can play caretaking roles. (medical ect)
– Affordable renewable supplies
– Reuse/repurpose former structures
– Invest at construction time to save over time
First Roots on site
– Zoning, maps, Meet council
– Raise money
– Visit the Lanark site.
*Rides offered by Jon Last
*Decision making process and Conflict resolution with respect
– Discussions about self governance
*Simplicity vs Complexity
*Common vision and values
– Host the discussion about common values
– Consider ourselves as one big mind
– Gather people around a vision
– Gather examples of visions from other organizations
B) Tasks and people who said they would take steps:
Responsible to do one thing towards this by next meeting
Host the discussion about common values
Share one big mind concept
Create a wiki for people to put information
Raise 150 000 for Lanark
Gather examples of visions from other organizations
Mike N and Murray
Create survey of needs and resources
Mark and Guy